Yummy Yummy Yum

I tried a new recepie last night that I wanted to try out for years (actually since I got the book way back when...). Man, did I have a feast. Went down really well with a glass of red wine. Don't let the fact that it is vegetarian put you off.

Carrot and oats bake:
300g carrots
60g oats
90g (6 Tbsp) Butter or Margarine and a little for the ovenproof dish
2 Tbsp of Milk (I think it needs to be more, but try it like this anyway)
2 eggs
120g flour
1 Tbsp fresh Oregano (I did not have, so used 1 1/2 Tbsp of Fish spice)
20g Baking Powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
Let the butter melt in a medium pot and steam the carrots and oats for about 10 minutes in the butter while stirring regularly. Let mixture cool.
Heat the milk in a small pot (this I found strange, since you only have 2 Tbsp full, heat it anyway).
Combine the egg, flour, oregano, milk and baking powder, salt and pepper to form a smooth dough.
Pour into the oats and carrot mixture and mix thoroughly.
Brush the ovenproof dish (medium size) with butter and pour in the mixture.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
Serve steaming hot!! (for 4 persons)

ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Planner

Finally :)