The year flies by

SO, in July I said I would tackle all those WIP pieces that I always wanted to do. Well, hahahaha I should have known that things do not turn out like they are planned in my head.

I have sewn a pair of pants for myself, only to find that they were so tight that I had to make alterations even before I wore them. Not cool, so I gave them away. Another thing I did with them was to taper the leg, like is so in voge at the moment. That also turned out to be a not so good idea, since my legs are shaped all wrong for that type of style.

(Sorry no pictures for that, it was just too awful for words)

What I did finish, however, was another jersey
Easy pattern and to follow, from an oldish magazine

I also started on another jersey - am trying a different armhole/ sleeve shape. It's striped white, turquoise and chocolate brown. I added the brown because after starting I realised that the stripes would look too much like the Western Province Rugby team. (And I am NOT a rugby fan)

I also then sewed a jumpsuit for someone else, managed to draft two patterns for some older ladies at church and will finish another four dresses before the year is out.

The only problem is that I actually am NOT motivated to sew at all. When I sew it's ok, but to get going is like pulling teeth. I always think next time will be better, but it's not. So, I spend my days watching movies on my laptop and taking screen shots of the awesome outfits the actor's get to wear :) All shots from Bones season 5.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Planner

Finally :)