In the mist

The other night I was driving through a bit of mist on my way home and it reminded me of my time in Swakopmund, where that happened quite often.

I like driving and walking in the mist. Everything is fuzzy and you can concentrate on your thoughts much better. Sounds are muffled and there is nothing quite like a street lamp's reflections through the fog. Trees look more imposing and the grass greener.

Yes, a little nostalgia helps as well. I did get quite sentimental about my teaching days in Swakop. There were numerous times I walked to and from the school in the mist. Although walking in the mist at night is not recommended, it does give new perspective on life and thoughts, and is much better than during the day.

New perspective in the way that thoughts become clearer, but also the past can be analysed much better. Nostalgia always needs to be brought into perspective with the present and with the future, otherwise, what is the point in looking back? Yes, the days were good, but they also had their problems and challenges.

Nostalgia always helps me to remember my favourite verses from Philippians 3:13 + 14 (taken here from the NKJ)
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Planner

Finally :)